With the demand and need for VPNs increasing day by day, there have been substantial new entrants into the VPN market. One of which is FastestVPN. FastestVPN is a Cayman Islands developed VPN which claims to be, as the name suggests, the fastest VPN out there by providing you quality services at unbelievable speed.
Is it as good as it claims? Can we call FastestVPN the fastest VPN? Well, let’s find out! We put the VPN to the test and have prepared the perfect review for you!
It does provide you with multiple features off the bat such as compatibility with Windows, Android, iOS, MAC and linux VPN, as well as extensions for Chrome and Firefox. They also upgraded their servers and now have over 350+ servers in 41 locations.
Additionally, if you’re a security freak- they’ve got you covered with their NAT firewall, anti-malware software, and no-logging policy. FastestVPN also claims to unblock several streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, etc.
To understand the VPN better, we’ve made a list of the most prominent features of the VPN. This way you can have a look at what they have to offer and decide for yourselves as well.
- Ad-Blocker: FastestVPN will block any annoying or repetitive ads for you.
- Anti-Malware: this is a default feature, and is automatically turned on once you launch the app. It prevents malware or malicious links from penetrating your system.
- Internet Kill Switch: FastestVPN introduced Kill Switch which automatically disconnects you to Wi-Fi in case the VPN connection is lost.
- Smart Tunneling: you can easily reroute traffic from your router to the VPN even when the app is closed.
- Firefox and Chrome Extensions: With Chrome and Firefox extensions available on FastestVPN, you can now unblock many streaming sites and enjoy a faster experience on Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, Netflix USA and such.
- AES 256-Bit Encryption: the VPN protects your information with the military-grade 256-Bit AES encryption.
- DNS Leak Protection: FastestVPN has built-in DNS Leak protection software protecting your IP at all costs.
- Smart Connect: FastestVPN recently introduced a new feature that tells you the best server to connect to, personalized for you, to get the very best of connection.
- NAT Firewall: this blocks any unrequested traffic on your device and provided added security.
If you want a full and in-depth list of all the features and how well they work, you could give their website a quick visit and check out their features tab.
The cost is probably the most attractive attribute of the VPN, FastestVPN’s pricing plans are the cheapest out of the rest in the market.
Their basic 1-month subscription is $10, however, if you choose the three-month plan; you are billed $1.11 per month or $39.95 tri-annually. Moreover, they also have a 1-year plan which is $2.49 per month or $29.95 annually. They also have a deal for their 5-year plan which is as little as $0.83 per month or a total of $49.95.
With pricing so low, there is not much to lose. Even though long-term plans are usually a risk and we don’t exactly support the idea but with prices so low it is surely a catch. We would recommend running a few tests beforehand to make sure that you’re satisfied with the VPN as well.
If you seem to face an issue, or there is something wrong with the VPN, FastestVPN also offers a 15-day money-back guarantee. It is not exactly the longest time but is just enough for you to know whether you like the VPN or not.
What to Expect When You Subscribe to FastestVPN
Here’s a quick preview of the few things we liked and the few things we did not as we put FastestVPN to the test:
- Multiple Protocols: FastestVPN offers its user with multiple protocols solutions to choose from when connecting the VPN, so the user can choose what’s best for them. For tech experts who prefer to personalize their settings, this is a great feature.
- Compatible with Many Devices: You can probably connect most of your devices to the VPN since it’s high on compatibility.
- FastestVPN locations: The locations have increased to 41 and servers to more than 350 – which is the biggest advantage for the users.
- 10 Devices Simultaneous Connection: normally it was allowing up to 5 devices, however, they recently doubled that number and now allow you to connect up to 10 devices simultaneously.
- Live Chat and 24/7 Support: if you ever face a problem, you can easily open the chat box shown on your screen and chat with a representative. Their representatives are extremely responsive and reply almost immediately.
- 99% Uptime: This means that server availability is present all the time and FastestVPN customers face no problems.
- Unblocks Popular Streaming Platforms: FastestVPN has developed the technology which allows you to unblock Netflix USA and many other famous streaming websites, it worked perfectly for us. However, some users did complain of it being unable to unblock BBC iPlayer.
- Windows App Needs Work: The Windows Application for us was a bit problematic, the server took longer to connect, and it was just overall slow, not a very pleasant experience.
The final verdict; FastestVPN is a good choice when selecting a VPN, it offers several features and is probably the cheapest option out there. We would surely recommend it in terms of pricing and privacy and security features.
However, it is not exactly the “fastest VPN”, it does provide you with excellent speed, but some applications need working, so do some servers as they don’t respond/connect as quickly. Their extremely responsive customer service makes up for it though.
All in all, we believe the VPN itself is worth the try, it needs some tweaks here and there but works great overall. Make sure to run you’re a few tests on your own before purchasing just to be 100% sure.